I have just watched with dismay a video clip from Moldova 1's YouTube site. In the video the leaders of the PL, PLDM and AMN are shown complaining about having their members stolen by other liberal parties, debating the price of a tank and other silly nonsense.
Wake up folks! Moldova is in a death struggle and you, Messrs Ghimpu, Filat & Urechean are its only hope for survival. By all means promote your particular policy agendas and personalities, but please, please, please do not fall into the traps being set for you by TRM and the PCRM. They just love it when you fight and when you take your eyes off the real prize which is the removal of the communists from power.
You scored a great victory in keeping the 'golden vote' safe, but that in itself is not going to get you home safe. You are in a fight to the death with a cheating opponent. You have to use every advantage you have or can create.
Let's have some ground rules:
1. Disputes among the three opposition parties get settled in private, not in-front of the media.
2. The only permissible comparisons among the liberal parties should be those relating strictly to policy.
3. Build each other up in public. Save your attacks for the real enemies.
4. If you are stealing people from each other, stop.
5. Don't allow the communist party and their media to sidetrack you onto frivolities
6. Keep bringing the debate back to the real issues which affect ordinary Moldovans, the economy and their human rights.
THESE SIX POINTS ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE. YOU JUST HAVE TO DO THIS IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ANY CHANCE OF GAINING A MAJORITY ON JULY 29.
I would also plead for a common list, with each party forming a separate parliamentary faction after the election. I know you each have your electorate that you want to protect, but I think your voters will understand. The advantages of a common list are
(a) it will eliminate any chance that one of the three parties won't break the hurdle.
(b) if the MAE, PNL, PC etc are included it will mop up a couple of percentage points of the vote that would otherwise be wasted.
(c) all of the firepower of the liberal camp would be directed at the real enemy, rather than at each other
(d) the unity & strength on display will in itself attract additional votes to the liberal camp.
The election will be tight and may come down to a seat or two. It would be a tragedy if Moldova were to continue its downward spiral into dictatorship simply because of squabbling among the liberals.
TIME IS SHORT. MOVE NOW OR IT WILL BE TOO LATE.